After our recent Foursquare presentation at Social Media Breakfast Madison - things like this catch my eye.
Amplify’d from www.smminstitute.com
- DO be careful who you friend on the network.
- DON’T accept every friend request.
- DO see who else has checked in to the venue you are at. It’s a great way to meet local people.
- DON’T auto-feed every check-in to
- DO add context! Include a message, especially if your posts feed to
- DON’T violate your customer/clients privacy by checking in when you shouldn’t.
- DO be cautious of your personal safety.
- DON’T check in at the same time and place every day if you are concerned about personal safety. Be aware that frequent check ins can indicate a pattern of your physical whereabouts.
- DO add tips for other users in your network.
- DON’T check-in if you are supposed to be somewhere else (like at work!)
- and most importantly…DO use common sense.
Here are my simple do’s and don’t for location based services like Foursquare, Gowalla & YelpRead more at www.smminstitute.com
See this Amp at http://bit.ly/cuRbrj