Thursday, January 28, 2010

reBlog from kylelacy.com: Kyle Lacy, Social Media – Indianapolis

I found this fascinating quote today:



Some would say that Foursquare has blasted into the scene of location based social networking applications with a vengeance. I would tend to agree with that sentiment. The best way to describe the service is to actually use the source. From the Foursquare site:kylelacy.com, Kyle Lacy, Social Media – Indianapolis, Jan 2010



You should read the whole article.


Madison is on Foursquare!


I have been doing some research on Foursquare as a local search function to drive business for a few clients.  Last week, I heard about a unique instance of using Foursquare from Matt Stehling, Ecommerce Director at Midwest Airlines.


Matt Stehling, who was at a restaurant when a business consultant from Milwaukee checked in on Foursquare and was apparently at the same restaurant.  His luncheon partner was anxious to meet this contact. Since Matt received a direct message of where she was at, he walked his friend over to her table and introduced them immediately.


I think you will be seeing me use this little tool in the month of February while I finish my due diligence.  I will have to see if the ease of use on the run serves its intended purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment