Very good post on using regular media and print to get mileage on non profit success stories. I think it totally misses the boat on social media opportunities.
Here are 6 Social Media Ideas To Get Uber Mileage From Your Stories
For board members who are business professional on LinkedIn:
1. Ask them to post a status update of the story on their profile with a short link to the web page.
2. Great a pdf of the post or story and ask people to add as a box.net application on their profile.
3. create a simple PowerPoint with visuals and bullet points. If you are really clever add a video clip. Upload to Slideshare.net and then have your business professionals add the Slideshare application to their profile.
4. If the article runs as a news story, online newsletter, or blog, ask people to add the story as a news post in their LinkedIn groups.
5. If anyone has a blog, encourage them to reblog the post using Blogthis! or PressThis applications and just link to your page.
6. Create a video clip of someone talking about the story or even reading it. Build a organization profile on Youtube, upload the video and point your members to the page to view, vote and share.