Friday, April 8, 2011

Tips for consultants! Protect Your Brain

I think I will post out the tips - in fact the entire article, and include this as an every day read so I don't forget. I have worked hard to get where I am and why should anyone else get it for free - at least from me.

Amplify’d from blogs.forbes.com

No, You Can’t Pick My Brain. It Costs Too Much

I love giving advice. I write blogs, articles and a newsletter. I host a radio show. I tweet, Facebook and share nuggets of advice almost daily. So what is it in all of that, that would make anyone think they can still have the right to “pick my brain”?

Not gonna happen, sorry. My brain costs money to maintain. There’s training, classes to attend, reading (I have to buy books), gaining certifications, costs of memberships so I can network, attending conferences and mastering my skills that all cost me money.

I have to protect my investment. How fair is it to me to give away all the knowledge I have acquired that I use to make my living, pay my bills and eat?

Read more at blogs.forbes.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment